The Southern Fly Fishers was founded in May 1967. The aim of the club is to support members in their enjoyment of the sport of fly fishing, look after the environment and to build and maintain friendships.
Members meetings are every 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month at the ‘Southern Fly Fishing Clubrooms and Casting Pool’.
Other benefits of club membership include:
- Beginners & advanced Casting Tuition
- Regular newsletter
- Extensive book and video library for club members
- Fly tying classes
- Competitive Casting & fishing events
- Specialist guest speakers
- Stream craft & Fly fishing technique
- Regular day and weekend fishing trips
- Monthly fly fishing discussion group
- Salt water fly fishing activities
- Annual Interstate and overseas fishing trips
- Discounts from sponsor retail outlets
- Public liability insurance during club activities
Membership Subscriptions are due on the 1st July each year.
Membership Fees from 1st July 2020 – 1st July 2021 are:
|Membership Types||Annual Subs+||Insurance|
|Concession (Note 1)||$60||$15|
|Junior (under 18 years)||$40||$15|
|Full-time student (under 25)||$50||$15|
|Country, Interstate, Overseas (Note 2)||$50||$15|
|Family Special (Note 3)||$120||$15pp|
- Applies to Govt. pension/Seniors Card holders.
- Residing over 60 Kms from the Club.
- Immediate family adults and juniors under 18 years.
Quarterly Pro-Rata payment for new memberships after July
Your subscription may be paid in a the following ways:
- Via Internet transfer to the SFF bank account at:
BSB 633 000,
Account No 172 683 468
Please include your full name as the reference
- Or direct to the Treasurer at a club meeting (don’t forget to complete the renewal form)
- Or post a cheque, and the renewal form, to:
The Treasurer Southern Fly Fishers
PO Box 388 Moorabbin
For further information about joining the club either:
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or;
Write to the club at:
Southern Fly Fishers,
PO Box 388,
Moorabbin VIC 3192