Members, there have been some updates to the members only section of the website. Under the Skills Development tab, there is new information that is particularly aimed at our newer members. The updates include:
- A list of typical equipment used in fly fishing
- An overview of the basic setup – from the rod to the reel, fly line, leader and tippet.
- Information on Fly Rods
- Information on Fly Reels
- Information on Leaders and Tippets
- Information on the most commonly used knots.
- Some recommended Flies for beginners.
I’d encourage all new members to have a look at this information and speak to experienced members of the Club or the Committee if you need any further advice.